Every so often I like to reread this list I made many years ago, when the blog was young, titled "10 Easy Ways to Age Gracefully Today".
I am re-titling it now to "Ten Easy Ways To Feel Better Right Now" :-)
I haven't looked at this list during my tumultuous last few years and I wish I had, as it holds some good Louise truths and reminders.
The good news is that I am rising from the muck, and things, in so many ways, are on the upswing. But more on this in the future, as it's not the easiest of stories to share.
So here is the list again. For me and for you <3
- If you can't change it, move on.Thou shall not stew.
- Stop getting stuck in your story about woulda. coulda. shoulda. and get on with doing what you love to do.
- Surround yourself with loving, low-maintenance people who increase your vitality instead of rob it.
- Remember that aging is part of the wondrous cycle of life. It is normal and it is what is suppose to happen, just like getting our baby teeth.
- Take care of that pesky task that has been hanging over your head for way too long. It won't take nearly as long as you think it will.
- Have an orgasm.
Did I just say that?
- Stop worrying about what other people think. It's your life.
- Don’t forget that human's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. Acknowledge someone.
- Get over your fear. Fear is normal, so embrace it and then you can move past it.
- Take care of yourself physically, emotionally and mentally. Be your own best friend. It is the foundation for a good long life.
Photo by Jef Bettens, Limburg, Belgium