I had no idea how old Rumi's writings are until now. He died in 1273! This is not a typo :-)
Boy was he ahead of his time.
It makes sense that The Guest House is the most frequently recited poem in mindfulness retreats and courses.
Here are some great Rumi quotes to get us through this arctic freeze:
- The wound is the place where the light enters you.
- Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.
- Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
- Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.
- Love is the bridge between you and everything.
Ahhh, nice huh?