|Photo by Crissie Hardy www.DesignEatPlay.com|
About six years ago, when both my daughters were in the thick of being young teenagers, I found an interesting list in Organic Lifestyle magazine that I have posted for you below. At the time I cut it out and put it on the wall in the bathroom. I posted it as a reminder to everyone in our house. Somehow though over the years it disappeared...but I found it recently again on The Hole Thing.
My thinking is that I have to put it back up again- maybe framed this time- because it is such a great reminder no matter how old we are. With my youngest going off to college in less than a year I find myself in transition again in many ways. More on all this later, I am sure, but for now I wanted to share the list with you.
Maybe it should be called The Five Best Commandments:
- Spend time alone and you'll hear your inner voice.
- Break the rules. Do what you want, if it harms no one.
- Follow your passion- whatever it takes.
- Stop worrying about what other people think. It's your life.
- Get over your fear. Fear is normal, so embrace it and then you'll get past it.
Have a good week everyone.
Do something that scares you.