This week's beauty is 80-year-old actress, singer, teacher, author, and minister, Della Reese. Della is also a spokeswoman for the American Diabetes Association. She has type 2 diabetes but has been able to control it without insulin because she has slimmed down, exercises, and eats well. And because she feeds her mind good thoughts.
Della has this to share about life:
- My advice about diabetes? You can be stronger than it. This is not terminal cancer. You can be stronger than this; you just have to change your mind and change your life.
- My idea of forgiveness is letting go of resentment that does not serve your better interest, ridding yourself of negative thoughts. All they do is make you miserable. Believe me, you can fret and fume all you want, but whoever it was that wronged you is not suffering from your anguish whatsoever.
- You get old when you stop being interested. You get old when you don't create any more.
- If you're not getting the things you want, need or desire, it's because you have not accepted that you can have them.
- So whatever it is you want, need or desire or just like to have, you better try to get it now, 'cause this is the only time there is.
Thank you Della. You are a wise woman.