I love this quick and snappy video of the history of fashion. Talk about walking down memory lane. It's interesting how globalization and cultural changes have effected fashion so much.
What a wild, weird and interesting world we live in.
From what I gather, the fashion trends for Fall 2015 go something like this:
- Lots of texture.
- Knit tunics and dresses
- Plaids- especially red plaids and tartans.
- Gloves are big, as are tights and skinny scarves
- Lots of layering
- Cardigans, turtlenecks, chunky knit sweaters
- Watches are really big- as well as watches combined with several bracelets
- Big statement earrings and jacket earrings.
- Soft trench coats
- The Victorian look
- Colorful denims
- Bold blanket ponchos and blanket scarves
- Blouses with tie-scarf necklines
- High-waisted flare jeans( not sure how I feel about this)
- Tonal colors- wearing variations of the same color head-to-toe.
- Layering-up a mix of deep autumn hues.
- Brown tones
- Over-the-knee boots.
And now it's time for me to wash all the wool sweaters, scarves and hats that I didn't wash at the end of last winter to get ready for sweater season :-(
Oh yes and one more thing...100 years of men's swimwear :-)
(and what is it about knees- does anyone find knees as sexy as I do?)